SMA Committee Meeting 14 February 2010 after Asar
Written by Imtiaz   
Sunday, 10 January 2010 20:09

 

 

 

SMA Committee Meeting 14 February 2010 after Asar
Minutes of the Meeting
Present:              Brothers Azeem, Wali, Japi, Reza, Mursad, Imtiaz, Mahamud, Abu, Manzoor, Ismail, Azman, Khairuddin, Maroof, Shamir
Apologies:          Brothers Sahizad, Mutlib, Saiyaad
Absent: Br Mansoor
Roles and Accountabilities
1.              Roles of President, Secretary and Treasurer will be generally as described in the Department of      Society Sample Rules circulated earlier to the Committee Members and read out in the meeting.
2.       Assistant Treasurer and Assistant Secretary will assist Treasurer and Secretary respectively as needed and as agreed between themselves.
3.       Vice President Br Japi will assist the President in all Administrative matters and Vice President Br Wali will assist the President in all Financial matters.
4.       Br Sahizad will continue to be responsible for the property maintenance matters. As he was not present in the meeting Br Azeem will seek his confirmation for continuing this responsibility.
5.       Br Azeem will continue to be responsible for dealing with the Media.
6.       The sub-committee consisting of Brs Azeem (Leader), Mursad and Mutlib will continue to be responsible for managing the Building Consent works of 31 Fairview Avenue.
7.       Br Abu will take the responsibility of organizing the Educational activities, religious as well as secular
8.       Br Imtiaz will take the responsibility of the maintenance and improvement (as needed) of the SMA website (www.sma.org.nz).
9.       Br Mursad will take the responsibility of coordinating the communication, reception, ikram and maintaining a record of the visits of the Tableegh Jamaats.
10.   Br Wali will take the responsibility of leading the Janaza sub-committee. He will suggest the members of this sub-committee in the next meeting. It was agreed to establish a Janza fund in line with what is happening at other Islamic Centres, e.g at Hamilton.
11.   Br Japi will take the responsibility of leading the Sports, Social & Recreation sub-committee. He will suggest the members of this sub-committee in the next meeting after some preliminary negotiations and discussions with brothers
12.   All brothers will obtain feed back from their wives for formation of a women sub-committee and its activities for discussion in the next meeting
13.   Br Azeem will help the brothers nominated in the above roles, as needed, to carry out their responsibilities.
14.   Protocol for the Committee Meetings
15.   Apologies are required to be sent only to the Secretary at least one day before the meeting, except in case of an emergency
16.   Maximum three apologies in a year will be accepted
17.   The existing rule of automatic disqualification with two consecutive absences from the meeting without an apology will be maintained
18.   Emails sent to members should be acknowledged to confirm that they were received intact with any attachments
19.   Brothers are encouraged to join the Yahoo Group which will considerably help in the communication
20.   Meetings will be held on every second Sunday of the month. The time for the meeting will change during  the   year and will be communicated at each meeting.
21.   Next Meeting
                The next meeting will be held on 2nd Sunday, i.e. 14 March after Asar

 

 

Hits